Location: Valhalla, New York
Salary Range: $70/hr
The Radiology Technologist performs radiology procedures. In accordance with established departmental policies and procedures, the technologist properly positions and immobilizes patients; adjusts and operates x-ray and other imaging equipment; selects the proper technical factors to obtain accurate radiographic images and responds to patients' needs as required. The technologist also maintains the cleanliness and ensures proper operation of the equipment, stocks clinical supplies, performs quality assurance/continuous quality improvement functions and utilizes the department RIS/PACS systems to manage patient's images, records and files. The position requires completion of a certified radiologic technology training program. Applicant must have a NYS DOH License and be American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) Radiography certified. Applicant must have one year experience as a Radiologic Technologist.
- Assists clinical providers with various procedures, treatments, surgical using sterile techniques and prepares surgical tray and equipment;
- Administers imaging tests and treatments as prescribed by clinical providers using protocols to produce acceptable quality radiology images;
- Positions and instructs patients in preparation for Special Procedures exams utilizing multiple imaging modalities as instructed by physician;
- Provides support to physicians performing interventional procedures either by scrubbing to assist or circulating;
- Follows department guidelines to correctly identify patient, and enter patient information into imaging systems;
- Makes adjustments to imaging equipment for each examination keeping the radiation dose within acceptable standards;
- Properly images cases and archives to PACS, also utilizes the Radiology Information Systems to keep accurate patient records;
- Tracks and secures supplies according to departmental guidelines;
- Troubleshoots Radiology Imaging equipment/systems as needed, places service calls and informs supervisor and the charge nurse;
- Assists in orientation and training of new staff as requested and serves as a resource person and professional role model.
- Assures that the working environment is clean and in compliance with regulatory agencies.
- May be assigned to other imaging modalities as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Must have one year experience as a Radiologic Technologist.
Graduate of an approved Radiologic Technology Certification Program.
Licenses / Certifications:
Licensed by the New York State Department of Health as a Radiologic Technologist. Registered by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT) required.
Special Requirements: Must maintain the New York State license and registration as a Radiologic Technologist during the course of employment as well as the ARRT certification. Continuing education credits are required for ARRT re-certification. Must maintain professional and have technical knowledge by maintaining regulatory CME requirements.