Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Make your move to Alaska! Experience the midnight sun in the summer, a front-row seat to the northern lights in the winter, and the opportunity to advance your career as you broaden your scope of practice.
Foundation Health Partners is seeking a General Cardiologist to join our highly experienced team at Porter Heart & Vascular Center, the only full-time cardiology clinic serving Interior Alaska and the Far North.
When it comes to the Porter Heart & Vascular Center, putting patients first means a team approach to all aspects of care. With our expertise and technology, we can provide advanced diagnostics, short- and long-term management, and prevention guidance for numerous cardiovascular conditions. As a valued member of our team, you will join us in our commitment to improving the heart health of Fairbanksans and surrounding communities.
- Compensation: Based on experience, plus $40k sign-on bonus.
- Schedule: M-F outpatient clinic. No night call. Weekends & holidays off.
- Patient Panel: Outpatient setting offering patients short and long-term management of heart-related conditions.
- Team: Robust and collaborative cardiovascular team consisting of 3 interventional cardiologists and 4 advanced practice providers
Foundation Health Partners:
Foundation Health Partners is a community-owned and operated health system in Fairbanks, Alaska, comprised of 3 facilities, including Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, Tanana Valley Clinic, and Denali Center, a long-term care facility. As the most advanced medical facility for hundreds of miles, we are highly committed to treating the medical needs of everyone who comes through our doors.
FHP is proud to offer its providers:
- Professional autonomy and clinical work freedom.
- Strong commitment to work-life balance. Not just words, our leadership values your time.
- Comprehensive benefits package and a competitive base salary with scalable income opportunities.
- $5,000 paid CME, licensure/credential reimbursement, and covered malpractice insurance.
- Opportunity to collaborate with the state's most extensive multidisciplinary health system.
- EMR goal - one patient, one chart, one bill.
- 501(c)(3) non-profit status = eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF).
Submit your CV for consideration to Mikki Bateman, Provider Recruiter, at 907-458-2729 or firstname.lastname@example.org Visit our website at Physicians of Foundation Health Partners - Foundationhealthpartners
Living in Fairbanks:
As the second largest city in Alaska, Fairbanks offers a unique blend of large town amenities, breathtaking landscapes, and plenty of wide-open space, making this community one of the most special in the country. With a rich history and plentiful diversity, Fairbanks is proud to be called the Golden Heart City, and only once you visit will you understand the name to be true.
- Second largest city in Alaska at 100,000 residents.
- College Town - University of Alaska Fairbanks, UAF Community & Technical College
- Military Community - Ft. Wainwright Army Post & Eielson Air Force Base.
- 23 Elementary Schools | 4 Middle Schools | 5 High Schools | robust youth sports programs
- No state income tax and no sales tax.
Summer activities: Midnight sun, hiking, fishing, camping, gold panning, kayaking, berry picking, community-wide festivals, and events.
Winter activities: Northern lights, skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, hockey, curling, ice fishing, dog mushing, hunting, ice art, etc.
Must possess knowledge of clinical care and patient treatment as normally obtained through the completion of masters degree in nursing.
Must be approved to practice as an Adult NP (ANP), Family NP (FNP), by the State Board of Nursing by proof of license/certification.
Requires current RN license in state of practice. Must be certified to practice by the State Board of Nursing within a particular population as a nurse practitioner. Requires personal DEA license or must have prescribing and dispensing authority granted by the state board of nursing.
Additional technical and professional certifications may be required based on type of nurse practitioner and scope of delineation document under medical staff services for an individual facility.
Exhibits an exemplary professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills.
Demonstrates proficiency in computer applications and database management.
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.