Location: Wilmington, Delaware
The Nemours Cardiac Center of the Children's Hospital in Wilmington, Delaware is looking for a qualified pediatric hospitalist to join our inpatient acute care/stepdown cardiac unit!
The Nemours Cardiac Center (NCC) provides comprehensive care for infants, children, and adolescents with cardiac, thoracic, and vascular disease. The Cardiac Center provides patient care, performs research, and educates health care professionals in a variety of settings.
This individual will work alongside advanced practice providers (APPs) and collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and other health care providers to provide specialized care to cardiac patients located in our telemetry/stepdown unit and in our post anesthesia cardiac unit (cardiac PACU).
Our patient population ranges from newborns to young adults with congenital or acquired heart disease. Surgeries are performed on a variety of complex congenital heart abnormalities, including definitive neonatal surgery, adult congenital surgery, and heart transplantation.
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) position, and the schedule is flexible and made in conjunction with other team members (including APN, PA, and cardiology fellows). Shifts include day, night, weekend, and holiday. The potential for moonlighting is available on an "as-needed" basis.
- Obtain medical histories, perform physical exams, order and interpret laboratory data, and prescribe management and medications on patients admitted to our inpatient service.
- Present patients on rounds, write daily progress notes, collate inpatient records, and complete discharge summaries using the electronic medical record.
- Assist in the preoperative and postoperative care of surgical patients.
- Provide continuity of care when coordinating care with other members of the health care team.
- Attend and present departmental patient care conferences and participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Interact with families of our patients, embracing a family centered focus.
- Teach APN and PA students who often rotate through the cardiology unit.
- Candidates must be board certified or board eligible in pediatrics and able to obtain an unrestricted DE license.
- BLS, PALS and ACLS certification required.