AdventHealth Fish Memorial RN PCU Cardiac
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Full Time 7-7
The community you’ll be caring for:
AdventHealth Fish Memorial 1055 Saxon Blvd, Orange City, FL 32763
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities. The Nurse is responsible for supervising and responsibly directing the activities of various levels of assigned nursing personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment. Uses the nursing skills of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in their patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost effective nursing care. To utilize the nursing process in the direction and administration of the medical and nursing plan of care.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
· Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
· Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
· Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
· Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
o Graduate of school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree or diploma.
o Active Florida RN license required or active multi-state RN license
o Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
o Current AHA Advanced Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), NPR, S.T.A.B.L.E. and/or Emergency Nurses Trauma Nursing Core Class (TNCC) Certifications may be required upon hire for certain departments. Refer to facility policy
- Preferred qualifications:
• Prior hospital/acute care nursing experience
• National certification in areas of practice
• Member of national professional organization