Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a Lead LPN to join our Cardiology team.
Unit/Position SummaryThe Lead Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), under the direction of a registered nurse or team leader, provides general nursing care to patients.
- Provide and document direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles.
- Perform medical procedures within scope.
- Assists physicians and performs healthcare services to patients in hospitals, private homes, clinics, and other healthcare facilities.
- Identifies and reports patient care needs through data collection, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Identifies patient need for education and provides approved hospital education materials.
- May complete or assist in the completion of the employee evaluation process, counsel employees and/or recommend initial discipline and other personnel decisions.
- Performs difficult and complex work. Provides functional and technical direction to other staff members.
- Resolves problems using advanced knowledge of procedures and policies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Graduation from a Licensed Practical Nursing program
- Experience: 2 years' experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure in the State of Practice
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.