DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under general supervision, performs non-invasive cardiovascular diagnostic evaluations including Stress Echo, Dobutamine and 2-D Echo with Doppler and Color Flow; assists with Transesophageal Echocardiograms under supervision of a physician.
â�¢ Uses procedural data obtained and impression formed to evaluate Cardiovascular disease both functionally and anatomically.
â�¢ Conducts clinical evaluations on patients; analyzes and interprets test results and determines if additional tests are required for diagnostic accuracy.
â�¢ Performs non-invasive cardiovascular diagnostic evaluations for anatomical and functional assessments. Performs comprehensive cardiovascular clinical analysis including obtaining patient history, physical examination and auscultation.
â�¢ Performs qualitative and quantitative real-time 2-D Echocardiograms with Doppler and Color Flow, Stress Echos, Dobutamine, and assists with Transesophageal Echocardiograms.
â�¢ Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis and interpretation of all graphic and video recordings obtained.
â�¢ Determines whether additional procedures are necessary based on clinical analysis performed.
â�¢ Selects and performs appropriate procedure(s) and is responsible for integrating clinical findings and testing results into an overall diagnostic impression.
â�¢ Assist subordinate technical personnel as necessary (i.e. assistant with clinical impressions and review of diagnostic findings as necessary) and also participates in instruction of post-graduate medical trainees in laboratory methods, procedures analysis, and interpretive findings.
â�¢ Discusses clinical and diagnostic findings with medical staff and may occasionally communicate findings to attending and/or referring physicians.
â�¢ Operates and maintains testing equipment, instruments and supplies consistent with established standards.
â�¢ Performs minor maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment.
â�¢ Inputs preliminary report information into hospital computer system after physicians initial dictation.
â�¢ Bills inpatient and outpatient patients for appropriate test or procedure.
â�¢ May schedule inpatient for appropriate testing procedures.
â�¢ May assist in determining priorities for testing service based on analysis of referred clinical information.
â�¢ Participates in Quality Improvement program.
â�¢ Maintains professional knowledge base through conference attendance and/or professional organizations.
1. Associate's degree in cardiovascular or applied sciences, or equivalent, in order to be familiar with the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system and to comprehend theoretical and conceptual bases of related testing procedures.
2. Six months experience in Echocardiography, Phonocardiography or equivalent related experience preferred.
3. Registered or registry-eligible as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or a Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). ARDMS is preferred. Registry-eligible candidates must be registered as a RDCS or RCS within 12 months of hire.
1. Analytical skill necessary to conduct, evaluate and interpret various clinical examination and non-invasive testing procedures.
2. Visual and aural acuity necessary to analyze variations in clinical findings, monitor data and procedure results.
3. Mechanical skills necessary to perform minor maintenance, repair and calibration of test equipment.
4. Interpersonal skills necessary to explain test procedures and allay patient fears.
5. Skills necessary to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
6. Knowledge of effects of Cardiovascular drugs and pathologies on procedure results.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
SCAI® is a registered trademark of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions.
All content found on the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions website (www.scai.org) including text, images, audio, video, or other formats is created for informational purposes only. Links to other content are to be taken at your own risk. SCAI is not responsible for the content or claims of external websites.
Get in touch
1100 17th Street NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036