Location Address: 601 East Altamonte Drive, Altamonte Springs, FL
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973.
The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources. If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the RN opportunity with AdventHealth Altamonte and apply online today.
Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents.
PRN Nights (Must be flexible)
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Works directly with physicians a part of the Institute of Surgical Advancement, contributing to the proliferation of innovations aimed at enhancing life expectancy, quality of life, diagnostic and treatment options, as well as the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the healthcare system.
· Maintaining strong referral communication/relationships among physicians to physicians locally and physician referral to a destination cardiology institute from outlying areas
· Provide high quality information and referral source to patient’s outpatient community setting, inpatient setting including phone calls, emails, and inpatient admissions
· As appropriate, represents AdventHealth in community education and outreach programs, i.e. speaking engagements, health fairs, corporate affiliation events, etc. Assumes responsibility for professional growth by attending mandatory nursing/hospital in-services, maintaining knowledge of current trends in medical therapy pertaining to area of clinical specialization, and evaluating/using research findings to improve nursing/ medical practice.
· Formulates an individualized treatment plan based on therapeutic principles as appropriate for age/ psychological development, initiates and/or maintains diagnostic/treatment regimes, interprets common laboratory, electrographic and radiological findings and intervenes appropriately based on specific principles, evaluates the effectiveness of nursing/medical interventions in accomplishing desired patient outcomes, evaluates / provides /facilitates appropriate education for patients and families according to individual learning needs, evaluates and provides for patient discharge needs with specific recommendations for follow up in the outpatient setting and recognizes and provides immediate appropriate responses to life threatening emergencies. Facilitates optimal length of stay and appropriate utilization of Hospital resources; facilitates efficient and comprehensive discharge planning. Promotes inpatient throughput
o Navigates a diagnosed patient from the diagnostic phase through the treatment and follow-up phases, assuring patient has appropriate/timely medical/supportive services. Diagnoses acute and chronic conditions affecting all organs systems. Effectively communicates treatment plans and/or procedures to patients/families through teaching and counseling, as needed.
o Prescribes interventions and performs therapeutic measures to ensure the appropriate individualized plan of care is implemented. Applies knowledge of age-specific needs i.e.: pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients related to plan of care interventions and patients’ responses to care. Identifies patients’ knowledge deficits and contributes to education.
· Communicates effectively with physicians, management, staff , patients and families to ensure coordinated and cohesive execution of quality patient care in a timely manner: effectively/consistently collaborates with members of the health care team to coordinate treatment plans, specific patient concerns and discharge planning, communicates effectively/accurately the patient treatment goals and activities with the staff members providing the care, participates in team conferences and provides information relating to therapeutic concerns in a clear, concise manner, reports to program director problems or concerns involving direct/indirect patient care in a timely/professional manner, participates in performance improvement activities, coordinates efforts to address identified deficiencies, establishes/maintains a therapeutic relationship with patients /families by explaining rationale for care and patient progression while demonstrating concern and awareness of their needs and communicates through documentation in the medical record / progress notes and order writing.
· Assumes responsibility for professional growth and demeanor: attends all mandatory nursing/ hospital in services, maintains and updates knowledge/skills in clinical area of specialization including specialized therapies and use of complex/new equipment and pharmacology applicable to practice, maintains knowledge of current trends in medical therapy pertaining to area of clinical specialization through a review of literature and attendance of professional programs, evaluates and uses research findings to improve nursing/medical practice, participates actively in service line development through development of research based practice protocols which promote optimal clinical outcomes and cost effectiveness in a collaborative forum with physicians and other members of the health care team, provides leadership through clinical mentorship and role modeling and collaborates with other advances practice nurses to identify clinical practice models which optimize patient outcomes that are efficient and cost effective.
o Participates in data collection, analysis, and presentation. Evaluates the processes and outcomes to enhance the delivery of excellent, cost-effective health care and establish program goals including clinical outcomes, volume/growth, and revenue. Incorporates and promotes evidence-based practice for optimal clinical outcomes.
o Completes patient related/educational assignments efficiently: demonstrates responsibility in cost effective use of hospital /patient supplies, equipment and resources, and facilitates early discharge of patients in clinical area of specialization.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Skilled in the use of specialized equipment used in respective area of practice
· Good organizational skills in planning/ implementing daily activities
· Leadership/mentorship/clinical resource skills
· Ability to multi-task on a variety of tasks and projects
· Excellent organization skills
· Skilled in providing age-appropriate education regarding care management interventions and illness adjustment issues
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Master’s degree in Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
· Basic Life Supper (BLS) Certification
· Current, valid State of Florida Board of Nursing Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner license
· Prescriptive authority for the State of Florida
· National Nurse Practitioner certification by either the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), unless grandfathered under certificate-based program
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.
SCAI® is a registered trademark of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions.
All content found on the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions website (www.scai.org) including text, images, audio, video, or other formats is created for informational purposes only. Links to other content are to be taken at your own risk. SCAI is not responsible for the content or claims of external websites.
Get in touch
1100 17th Street NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036