Horse Capital of the World – Home to the World Equestrian Center
Affordable cost of living
Destination for outdoor enthusiast (golf, kayaking, horseback riding, nature trails)
Vibrant downtown area with award winning establishments
Family friendly with many parks and recreations
Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
AdventHealth Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· 1. Performs patient care task in a safe and competent manner without significant deviations from the standard of care.
· 2. Plans, coordinates and implements PCT care in a timely manner based on individualized needs of patient.
· 3. Coordinates PCT care with RN and other interdisciplinary care to optimize patient outcomes.
· 4. Demonstrates ability to recognize changes in patient status and report those changes to RN/LPN immediately.
· 5. Maintains complete and timely documentation that assures accurate reflection of care provided.
· 6. Provides appropriate communication with multidisciplinary team members, patients and their families.
· 7. Promptly responds to patient's request for assistance in a professional and effective manner.
· 8. Refers problems/concerns to appropriate personnel immediately upon patient/family request.
· 9. Maintains communication with RN/LPN throughout entire shift to ensure accuracy of information and care provided.
· 10. Performs clerical duties such as document processing and data entry. Directs incoming telephone calls, schedules patient appointments and serves as the first point of contact for most customers. Coordinates duties with input of multidisciplinary team.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· HS Diploma or equivalent
· All current CNAs must complete the phlebotomy course and obtain ten minimal blood draws. All competencies need to be successfully complete before end of orientation. Failure to complete course, blood draws, and competency within stated time frame will be deemed no longer meeting the minimal requirements for the position and will result in separation of position.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Phlebotomy certification
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· HS Diploma or equivalent
· Entry Level - Maintains current Florida certification, Maintains PCT educational requirements as outlined in the organizational checklists.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS), certification or proof of competency is required upon hire.
· A new hire may begin employment provided the facility has the ability to facilitate the successful completion of the required AHA BLS program prior to any patient contact. This may be achieved using web-based training with voice-assisted manikin skills check off (ie: Resuscitation Quality Improvement (RQI) Program or Heartcode) or instructor-led training.
· FL DOH License required
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Phlebotomy certified
Assist patients with the activities of daily living, performs patient care tasks and maintains a safe and clean environment. Completes tasks under the supervision of a Registered Nurse within the scope of practice as defined by the Florida State Board of Nursing.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.
SCAI® is a registered trademark of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions.
All content found on the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions website (www.scai.org) including text, images, audio, video, or other formats is created for informational purposes only. Links to other content are to be taken at your own risk. SCAI is not responsible for the content or claims of external websites.
Get in touch
1100 17th Street NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036