Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Participates and validates that rounding for outcomes occur daily in all assigned departments.
· Promotes and validates AIDET compliance.
· Maintains responsibility for all assigned departments on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
· Participates on Patient Experience Team
· Promotes Medical staff relations on all units.
· Strives to meet and maintain high level patient satisfaction in all clinical areas (top quartile percentile ranking).
· Strives to meet and maintain all Quality benchmarks for core measures and AHS collaborative goals.
· Adheres to AHS standards for dress and professional appearance for executives.
· Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
· Demonstrates a commitment to reduce turnover and improve on-boarding of all new hires.
· Completes and promotes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires. Uses peer interview process.
· Ensures completion of 30 and 90 day evaluations of new staff, and, completes meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
· Meets regularly with clinical leaders and staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes. Validates outcomes.
· Complies with AHS corrective action process.
· Facilitates leadership development and mentoring.
· Develops a culture of highly engaged and satisfied nursing and clinical associates.
· Develops a culture of engagement with all key physician groups.
· Attends and participates in all Division meetings as appropriate for assigned clinical units.
· Assists AVP of Cardiology in development of operating and capital budgets for assigned units.
· Facilitates patient flow to and from the units. Evaluates department specific financial statements and determines associated actions required to meet established parameters of performance.
· Manages department resources within established parameters of performance.
· Communicates financial performance expectations and establishes accountability for meeting expectations.
· Able to develop a business plan to meet established department or organizational goals.
· Monitors and maintains compliance with budgets in all assigned cost centers. Accountable for monthly variance report with appropriate action plans.
· Evaluates delivery of care systems and nursing results. Responds to deficiencies by identifying and implementing corrective actions.
· Responsible for monitoring Vision Ware compliance on units. Assure that all units are completing/implementing bi-weekly action plans.
· Ensures that all units are working toward meeting monthly budget for total expenses.
· Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to individual departments.
· Validates all direct reports LEMs.
· Continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates in assigned cost centers. Responsible for staff retention plans.
· Complete and submit departmental reports on a monthly basis. Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
· Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
· Responsible for Provision of Care measures of success for the assigned departments.
· Responsible for quality improvement data collection and reporting for assigned metrics and departments.
· Validates that Clinical Leadership is investigating and closing any risk occurrences or complaints in a timely manner.
· Reviews and updates assigned policies annually.
· Monitors patient outcomes / events to identify trends and recommends corrective actions as needed.
· Demonstrated knowledge of role in Emergency Preparedness Program and participates in disaster drills. Assists clinical leaders and staff in their roles as needed.
· Responsible for staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and certifications.
· Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of the Nurses & Clinical Leaders.
· Promotes FHT both within the system and in the community.
· Involved in a community service organization or activities.
· Plans new programs or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirements that promote service line growth.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Strong interpersonal and leadership capabilities including the direct management of multiple departments throughout the hospital. Strong management skills and experience with an emphasis on change and the ability to develop consensus from independent parties to achieve the goals of the system. Demonstrates knowledge of organizational chain of command and follows as appropriate for assigned unit decision-making. Demonstrates knowledge of strategic and financial planning and management. Demonstrates knowledge of standards related to the clinical practice. Delegation skills necessary. Ability to multi-task is essential. Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations. Strong detail orientation required. Computer skills required. Adept as a change agent. Commitment to the advancement of nursing practice and the nursing profession and the Advancement of technical profesison and practice. Commitment to staff education and development. Demonstrated knowledge of and practices within parameters outlined in the Florida State Professional Nurse Practice Act.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associates Degree and 10 years of experience.
· Minimum five (5) years of clinical experience as a nurse or technologist, with at least two (2) in cardiology (cath/ep lab)
· Minimum of at least two years health care management experience, in cardiology
· Current BLS certification
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Master of Science in Nursing or a health care related field
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement or Florida licensure (or eligible) as a radiology technician or respiratory therapist or cardiac ultrasonographer (i.e. ARDMS/CCI registry as RDCS or RCS or RRT)
Responsible to the Assistant Vice President of Cardiology for planning, organizing, directing and evaluating all nursing and technical functions and activities for assigned patient care programs/units, to ensure delivery of optimal quality of care and organizational effectiveness. Responsible for overall patient care services for the Cardiac Cath & EP Labs and Non-Invasive Cardiology. Responsible for supervision, coordination, education, and management of technical personnel to ensure consistent standards of practice and competencies in the performance of procedure related services in Invasive and Non-Invasive Cardiology.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.