Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, clinically and technically assists physicians before, during and after a variety of invasive diagnostic and interventional procedures in a cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, and special procedures laboratories. Prepares patient for procedures and monitors patient status. Inserts and removes arterial and venous lines. Functions as the first assistant to the physician during the invasive procedure. Assists with wire handling, catheter advancement, x-ray controls and equipment preparation. Removes vascular sheaths from the femoral, radial, or brachial artery and/or vein as well as deploys designated vascular closure devices. Records hemodynamic/physiological waveforms and performs various hemodynamic/physiological calculations. Maintains equipment, supply inventory and medical inventory. Participates as a team member including providing detailed report to nursing units regarding the patient and procedure. Assists in other general duties that are necessary to provide quality patient care and promote the success of the Cardiovascular Institute within the DMC.
1. Associate's degree in Science with a major in Cardiovascular Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Minimum one year of experience in a Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Special Procedures, Operating Room, Endoscopy, externship experience in Cardiac Catheterization
3. Registration or Registry Eligible with the National Board for Cardiovascular Testing preferred
4. Experience as a first assistant in an interventional cardiac laboratory preferred.
5. BCLS and ACLS Certification.
1. Analytical ability to interpret data from a variety of cardiovascular tests, to monitor data, to develop treatment plans in conjunction with the attending physician, to identify discrepancies, problems or issues, and to obtain advice when precedents are unclear or unavailable. Ability to determine methods for ensuring compliance with functional/organizational/service policies and procedures. Considerable degree of independent judgment for continuous monitoring and appropriate response to changes in patient conditions.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills for contact with internal and external customers/stakeholders to discuss and interpret technical information. Some discretion must be exercised in deciding what and how to communicate. Conflict resolution skills are exercised within the unit or function and occasionally on an interdepartmental or interfunctional basis. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required. Ability to read and comprehend policies and interpret technical materials in the specialty area is necessary.
3. Technical knowledge of cardiac catheterization procedures including knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy and disease, arrhythmia identification and cardiac pharmacology. Must be able to discriminate electrocardiographic and hemodynamic components as well as catheter location on oscilloscopes and monitors.
4. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to accurately assist during procedures and to advise physician and nursing staff of patient status.
5. Current knowledge of CPR, ACLS and sterile technique.
4. Requirement to be competent by assigned physician proctor for vascular sheath insertion and closure device deployment within 6 months of hire
Primary Location: Commerce Township, Michigan
Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
If Other Shift, Specify: minimal, on - call hours
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905042779
About DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.
The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
As the only U.S. professional medical society focused on invasive and interventional cardiology, SCAI is a trusted community providing guidance, representation, professional recognition, education, and research opportunities.
Get in touch
1100 17th Street NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036